Descripción del puesto de trabajo
We are looking for a Director of Finance to join the pre-opening team of a luxury resort in Algarve, Portugal.
As a member of the Executive Committee, this position provides the financial expertise to champion, develop, and implement property-wide strategies to meet or exceed the expectations of the return on investment to ownership group. This role will be the primary point of contact for all Finance and Accounting related activities for Ownership and/or Asset Manager and will serve as a liaison between Ownership/Asset Management, Corporate and the General Manager of the resort.
This position will report directly to the CFO and indirectly to the General Manager of the Resort.
General Responsibilities Include:
• Provide day to day guidance and support to Accounting and Finance team
• Develop means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Analyze information, forecast sales against expenses and create annual budget plans.
• Create the annual operating budget for the resort
• Provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
• Implement a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
• Ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability.
• Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company’s and brand’s strategic direction.
• Produce accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Leverage strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the property's strategies and to lead own team.
• Manage communication with owners in an effective manner.
• Manage property working capital and cash flow in accordance with the company SOPs and owner requirements.
• Ensure that P&L’s are accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
• Share financial information and forecasts with departments to enable the team to react to changes in the business.
• Support and provide mentorship to the team through suitable training and continued advice to help the team achieve their career and hotel goals
• Knowledge of local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)/ International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), Policies, and International Standard Operating Procedures (ISOPs).
• Business Acumen - Understanding and utilizing business information (e.g., data used in the company Balanced Scorecard) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges
• This position will report directly to the CFO and indirectly to the General Manager of the Resort.
• Excellent financial analysis skills; ability to analyze financial data to identify trends and issues, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
• Strong problem-solving skills, ability to effectively address issues in collaboration with others; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop analytical skills among direct reports and other team members
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
• Prior experience working with hotel product types is required
• Knowledge of SUN accounting software, of Opera (PMS), and Microsoft Excel required
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
• Prior experience with project management work is a plus
• Prior management of staff is required