Descripción del puesto de trabajo
• Design and implement a long-term comprehensive engagement plan for each of our European strategic accommodation supply partners, customised for each, to support the achievement of the company’s overall contracting strategy.
• Build and develop relationships with senior (C-Level) leaders and key decision makers in our supplier partners’ organisations.
• Responsible for achievement of production targets, new supplier acquisition and existing supplier opportunity pipelines, and positioning for future growth.
• Leadership - managing, coaching, and mentoring your team for their positive performance.
• Ensure your organisation structure, performance management and continuous evaluation and evolution of purchasing approach is fit for purpose,
• Work closely with peers, especially in Commercial Strategy and Commercial Technology, to reach business targets.
• Budgeting and forecasting – prepare the annual departmental OPEX budget in conjunction with the Finance team, and work closely with the Presidents and SLT ensuring it is fit for purpose to deliver the Global Sales budgets. Monthly management of costs, and monthly / quarterly forecasting of revenue and margin as required, including explanation of key drivers and variances.
• Regular and consistent, contracting performance reporting to the President Europe, ensuring alignment on all important topics and adequate supervision of business target fulfilment.
• Ensure supplier and departmental requirements are communicated to other departments (Sales, Commercial, Operations, IT and Finance) and agree on, and see through, delivery.
• Frequent travel as required for external and internal meetings, representation at trade shows etc.
• Availability as an escalation point for clients and internal stakeholders for complex issue resolution,as necessitated.
• Support decision making with data.
• Develop a prioritisation approach roadmap for the relevant processes, tools, and metrics, to support the contracting strategy.
• Partner closely will the other Commercial Regions, encouraging and promoting teamwork and commercially sound outcomes for contracting.
• Collaboration with Technology and innovation teams on planning of investment.
. 10 – 12 years of experience in a senior leadership role within a global company, preferably in a supplier management or distribution management role.
• Experience from the travel sector, either Hotel Management, Hotel Distribution or Purchasing roles, is an advantage.
• Demonstrable history of successful engagement with external stakeholders in senior leadership
• Excellent commercial orientation: ability to identify, develop and implement best-in-class purchasing strategies and partnerships, and build supplier relationships to maximise revenue growth and profit for the business.
• Exceptional critical decision-making, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrable ability of effectively communicating, and collaborating cross-functionally, with all management levels and internal stakeholders in a global organisation, to elicit and implement change that is critical to the success of the business.
• Business Level fluency in English, additional major European languages is an advantage.
• A strong desire to keep up to date with development in the field of supplier and distribution management, with an eye on the future state of the industry incorporating this into being one step ahead of the industry, with your strategies.
• Dynamic, Pro-Active, Inspiring, Influential, Motivational, Effective Communicator, Change-led